"Life begins at the end of your comfort zone."

~Neale Donald Walsch~

Friday 16 December 2011

Great conversations

As the silly season gets into full swing and people let down there guard into more casual conversation I am yet again encouraged that I am onto a good thing. I have had so many ideas for my business that at one point this week my brain was buzzing. My business is not yet fully underway and it is getting bigger than Ben Hur. I suppose it doesn't hurt to think big. God is really guiding to speak to the right people.

I was very glad to receive my Cert IV in Training and Assessment Certificate and I am now a qualified Trainer and Assessor for adults. I cannot praise enough Paul at SAVE Training for his help and encouragement. I have never done an online course before and he made the whole experience easy.

Had a great day at TAFE on Tuesday and have now been given all my courses. I have decided that I am going to set up a Google site for each one of my courses to help the students. Really excited about trying out all my techno ideas. Found it hard to sleep on Tuesday night as my mind was buzzing full of ideas. Have yet to get all the work for the HSC course but I am sure that will come soon. Have been reading the required texts though, The Story of Tom Brennan, Wilfred Owen poems and Strictly Ballroom and am waiting for the Shoehorn Sonata to arrive.

Yet again have found some great Tweets. The 2011 Edublogs were announced and gee whiz there are some very clever teachers. Watched a great webinar on Google Docs with Molly Schroeder https://sites.google.com/site/mydigitalfootprint/  Am totally addicted to finding cool apps for my ipad.
Really like http://www.kleinspiration.com/2011/12/breaking-news-today-educreations.html app to make your ipad interactive. I am totally addicted to Word Search HD app.

Was interested in http://www.smh.com.au/national/education/results-prove-theres-power-in-the-pack-20111215-1owyh.html Sydney Morning Herald article about the High Achievers at Sydney Boys High. They have got a good thing going there. Inspiring teachers, inspiring students. Winning formula really.

Have decided to probably wait until new year to launch site. Getting busy with all my TAFE work. I really need to get a logo for the business before I launch the site. Must get onto that next week.

Enjoy the silly season and find some Christmas cheer.

Until next week,
K

No comments:

Post a Comment